[SGVHAK] Call for Makers for DTLA Mini-Maker Faire

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Fri Sep 22 00:25:07 PDT 2017

Hi all,
First of all, it's pretty cool that the Los Angeles Public Library is hosting a Mini-Maker Faire.  This is just their second year, and I bet that it's the influence of L.A. Makerspace, which has been doing a bunch of activities at LAPL the past few years.
The Call for Makers has a deadline of Oct. 21st.  The event itself is Saturday, Dec 2nd from 10am-4pm.  I assume it's going to be extremely kid-friendly.
Anyway, here is the message from one of the organizers.

++++

I was wondering if your meetup group could help us spread the word. Los Angeles Public Library will be hosting the 2nd Annual DTLA Mini Maker Faire -- a joint effort with Make.Com -- on Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 10 am to 4 pm. We have just launched our Call for Makers page and would really love to have more creative makers come joining us exhibiting and share their creations. Here's is our website: www.dtla.makerfaire.com

"Thank you and hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Vivienne Byrd
++++

LanPS Please feel free to go and represent SGVHAK.  I probably have a conflict that day, but if I can work it, I will try to make the tail end of the mini-maker faire.