[SGVHAK] Mentor/Volunteer/Judge for "Break to Make" all-women makeathon @ USC on 9/23-24

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Mon Sep 11 00:57:32 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Hope you can either help out or spread the word.  Contact Mimi for more info.

Break to Make (http://breaktomake.com/) is an all women makeathon happening on September 23 & 24th at USC (trans & non-binary inclusive). USC students majoring engineering, design, architecture, or interested in making work in teams to complete a challenge and learn about robotics, VR/AR, IoT, and other maker skills from industry leaders and peers alike. Break to Make aims to break down gender stereotypes in STEM and reshape the language around hackathons. We're looking for mentors & volunteers for the weekend who would be able to assist teams and/or lead workshops (you don't have to be a woman to help). For high school students: we would be able to give you volunteering credit. If you're interested in helping out, contact Mimi at tranzamb at usc.edu before September 14th for more details!

Lan