[SGVHAK] Thu Mar 4th meeting recap

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Thu Mar 6 23:18:28 PST 2014

It was a very interesting meeting.  Dave started building his chloride etcher controller and gave us a lot of info about his choice of materials and  how it is put together.  We learned from Roman that Southern California Edison owns a lot of telephone poles and running fiber is very time-consuming.  John gave us some more details about Hardware Freedom Day, which will be 1-4pm at Tux-Lab on March 15th.

We started figuring out how we will build the air hockey table--let's route all the pieces out of a 4x8 sheet of 1/2-inch plywood and let the computer drill all the air holes-- and Steven volunteered to build the electronic scorer.  Dave is donating a fan and had a lot of comments, one of which was to be careful about making sure the table doesn't wobble.  Hopefully, we'll have more plans and a bill of materials before we get together to start building. We might be able to do some of the work at Hardware Freedom Day.

Here are the links again for the air hockey table and robot:

http://cienciaycacharreo.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/new-project-air-hockey-robot-3d-printer.html

http://www.instructables.com/pdf/DIY-Air-Hockey-Table-1/

Lan