[SGVHAK] Reminder: Meeting on Thu, Aug 1st

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sun Jul 28 19:01:25 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Reminder that we are meeting at Dave's place next Thursday, August 1st from 5pm to 9pm.   We tend to get hungry around 8:30pm, so we may leave early for dinner.

11711 Clark Street
Suite 108
Arcadia, CA 91006
It is off Peck Road between Lower Azusa and Live Oak.  It is two lights south of
Live Oak.

Dave is assembling a new computer to serve as a headless Linux server for PostgreSQL.  Come early to help with the build, particularly with the Linux install.  Anyone want to recommend a distro or has any advice on setting up a PostgreSQL server?    Hopefully, the computer can do a USB boot to install the OS; I don't know that computers really need optical drives any more, especially if they are servers.

Mic will give a steelbolt hacking demo.

If anyone is really good at repairing things, my AAXA P3 Pico Projector stopped working.  It was helpful for impromptu presentations and for people to use as a display for their Raspberry Pis.  I'll contact tech support, but I am not sure I am within the warranty period.

Hope to see you there.

Lan