[SGVHAK] SGVHAK meeting on 4/4: continue discussion about SGVHAK

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Fri Mar 29 11:08:50 PDT 2019

Hi all,
We have an SGVHAK meeting next Thursday @ 6:30pm at Dave's shop in Arcadia.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/dvnvmhyzgbgb/
Just a reminder that we should make more progress on the discussion
we started at last month's SGVLUG meeting.
Currently, there is only one SGVHAK meeting on the first Thursday ofthe month at Dave's shop.  A small group of us have also been regularly
attending Dave's weekly Monday night meetings.

Still, it's not a great way to grow the SGVHAK group.

Also, what happens  if Dave's shop is no longer available as a meeting place?

So by next Thursday, we should have status on the following:
* We could start using Dave's shop as a makerspace, but we need to limit our liability by looking into what it would take to register as a not-for-profit and get an umbrella insurance policy.  (Michael Starch)* We also want to restart our Saturday meetings, starting in April.  We will look at whether we can get a room at the library on a regular basis. (Lan)* We're interested in acquiring a laser cutter that will live at Dave's shop.  Lan and Starch are willing to fund purchase.  We need to research a model that will meet our needs. (Roger, Dave, MPS)  Due to the CO2 laser being an expensive consumable, we estimate charging $1/hour to cover maintenance and replacement costs.
Lan