[SGVHAK] SGVLUG/SGVHAK/Repair Cafe booth + rover project

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Sat Mar 10 02:55:53 PST 2018

Hi all,
Thank you Ginko and Steven for setting up the booth and getting a volunteer schedule together.  I like how it represents our organizations, from the SGVLUG listing of talks and photos to the SGVHAK projects and the Repair Cafe sign.

Here are some of the photos I took of the booth.  Would love it if other folks added photos from SCALE.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=28665962

The rover project I mentioned back in January has come along quite nicely.  I credit Dave and Roger for getting it this far along by SCALE.   As a reminder, SGVHAK is a beta build group for the JPL Open Source Rover.  I'm proud that we have fulfilled our brief to provide feedback and enhancements and build photos.   We still have a bit more to do to complete the rover.
https://opensourcerover.jpl.nasa.gov/
If you want to see it in person, it will be at The Next Generation Playground around mid-morning and will spend the rest of the afternoon at our booth.  Roger built a mobile web app to control the rover, so we can drive it using a phone.  We will be limited in how much we can drive due to battery life, since it's a pain the recharge.
JPL will also be at The Next Generation Playground in the afternoon with either the original JPL Open Source Rover, or the Mark II.    Will the two rovers meet?  Maybe.

Lan