[SGVHAK] Upcoming HAK events

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:54:43 PDT 2015

Hi all,

In case you don't pay attention to Meetup, we have a bunch of events this month

*** THURSDAY JULY 16 @ 6:30pm  ***

We meet this Thursday at Tux-Lab at 58 West Live Oak in Arcadia.  The parking lot is off Welland and should be open.  There are usually people doing Tai Chi.  The meeting starts around 6:30pm.  We hope to continue working on the SGVHAK workboards.  John will route out the blanks from plywood.  If you are interested in getting a board, it will be $20, which will be donated to the SGVHAK group.  You can get it custom engraved, if you have a design in Inkscape.  There will also be tools and material for you to sand and seal your board.http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/223580005/

You might remember that there was a call to put the designs in GitHub. Looks like Mic is the only one to do so.
https://github.com/sgvhak/Boards

*** SATURDAY JULY 18 @ 11am to 2pm. ***

    (Volunteers start at 10am.)

Repair Cafe is at All Saints Church at 132 North Euclid in Pasadena.  Several SGVHAK members volunteer to repair electronics, household appliances, and occasionally computers.  It's a great community event.  There is usually the Really, Really Free Market, where you can drop off or pick up gently used items.  There are people who sharpen knives or repair jewelry or clothes or advise regarding landscaping or gardening.  Sometimes, you can even get a hair cut or freshly laid eggs.
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/223701617/
http://www.meetup.com/Repair-Cafe-Pasadena/events/223701487/
https://www.facebook.com/RepairCafe

*** MONDAY JULY 20 @ 5pm ***
Dave hosts PIC programming classes on Mondays at his workshop (11711 Clark St, Ste 108) in Arcadia.  Come with your questions or show off your projects.
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/223829651/

*** SATURDAY JULY 25 @ 7am ***TRW Swap Meet at Aviation and Marine (Northrup Grumman parking lot) in Redondo Beach.  We meet at 7am at Tom Boy for a leisurely breakfast and then head to the swap meet.
* NOTE: Hackaday is planning on having a table there, so yet another reason to go. *

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/223579939/
http://www.meetup.com/Hackaday-Los-Angeles/events/223751233/

*** SATURDAY JULY 25 @ 2pm to 5:45pm ***
Our Saturday HAK will be at a new venue: Lamanda Branch Library @ 140 S. Altadena Dr in Pasadena.  The meeting room is all the way in the back, past the circulation desk. They have some folding tables, a number of banquet chairs, and a projector and projection screen.   I am hoping to attract some drone enthusiasts to this meeting so we can learn more about drones.

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/223580020/

Lan