[SGVHAK] Los Angeles FIRST Tech Challenge Regional Championship

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Fri Jan 16 14:45:50 PST 2015

Below is some information about a local event looking for volunteers
that people might be interested in:

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: *Deborah Sigel*
<aerosquirrel at gmail.com>

There is a huge LA regional robotics competition this Feb, and a major
part of the event is an _open air festival where kids and parents get to
tinker, build stuff, play, create, get artsy, and the rest. _ I'd like
to invite you to consider running a booth and promoting your
organization at the event. You could have an activity, do a demo, have
some items for show and tell, or just hand out fliers that could appeal
to kids and/or adults. And it's all free.

Excited yet? Keep reading.

*Los Angeles FIRST Tech Challenge Regional Championship* *Sat. Feb. 14*
10am to 4pm (setup available from 7am to 6pm) *Monrovia High School* 845
West Colorado Boulevard, Monrovia, CA 91016 Venue is outdoor.

*Audience:* Parents and siblings of the robotics participants (all ages
of kids, and adults). In general, people who have a positive view of
making stuff and tinkering. We expect 300-400 people at the event.

*Provided:* Any tables, chairs, tents, and power you need. Let us know
about particular requests.

*Activity:* Ideally we'd love if everyone could host an an activity that
people could participate in. In many cases this isn't realistic. Just
note that more attention will go to participation events than fliers. Be
creative, and make it creative. We'd love to see what you come up with.
Again it could be an activity, a demo, show & tell, fliers, or something
completely different. The activity has to be free to the audience.

*Cost:* FREE! We want you to come. There is no cost to host a booth. Any
activity you host must be free to participate in. (You'll have to
provide materials and any safety gear for your activity)

*Thinking you might want to come any play?* Email me (Deb) at
aerosquirrel at gmail.com with the following info:
 * Your Name
 * Your Organization's Name
 * Contact info for you (or the person who will be organizing
   your booth)
 * Potential Activity Ideas (so we don't end up with 4 different places
   to learn to solder).
 * RSVP: I will be there, or Maybe
 * Age range for your activities.
 * Roughly how many tables/chairs/space you'd like (we'll refine
   details later).

Thanks.

Deborah Sigel Booth Organizer, LA FTC Regional Championship Organizer,
Kids Building Things

aerosquirrel at gmail.com