[SGVHAK] Repair Cafe and SGVHAK meeting this Saturday

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:21:17 PST 2015

Hi all,

Join Repair Cafe at Throop Church (300 S. Los Robles Ave, Pasadena) on Saturday from 10am to 1pm.  There should be parking behind the church.  Come help us repair things, or bring things to be repaired, whether they are small electronics or clothing or backpacks.  Bring unwanted good for the Really Really Free Table.  There will be some people available to sharpen knives and other blades and a landscaping expert to advise you on your garden.  And there will be a big clothing swap.

Please note that if you want something repaired, please make sure you bring all the parts so we can test the repair.  If you want to repair things, please bring your tools.  Throop is a great space, but it is a bit dim, so bring some task lighting with you.

More information on Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/Repair-Cafe-Pasadena/events/220359829/
In addition, we will have a SGVHAK meeting at Hastings Branch Library from 2pm-6pm.  Come work on projects or show off something you've been working on.  We can also talk about the Southern California Linux Expo, our booth, and new projects we want to work on---though y'all are still on the hook for that air hockey table.
    Hastings Branch Library
    3325 East Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA
    2:00 PM - 6:00 PM

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/220694256/

Lan