[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVHAK Meeting 1/16/14

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Tue Jan 14 11:00:08 PST 2014

We will be having a SGVHAK meeting, this Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:30
PM to 9:00 PM.

We will be helping John put together some of his 3D printers. The
printers we will be building is based on Blue Eagle Lab's 3d Kossel
Clear.   We will try out best to subtitute out parts made in non-free
countries with either domestic or freedom friendly origins.

All the initial acrylic part were modeled by Blue Eagle Labs in Sketchup
before being drawn using a combination of LibreCAD and Inkscape.
LibreCAD was used to draw most of the tangential curves while Inkscape
was used for the layout.

We will solder, both surface mount and through hole, RAMPS board from
Ultimachine and we may also design simple circuits using KiCAD.

We will also explore the possibility of machining our own hot ends as
well as v-groove bearings.
Pizza will be provided.

Since John is so nice to get pizza for us, please RSVP on the
Meeetup.com group so we can know who is attending:
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/159781592/

Location: Tux Lab
58 West Live Oak, Arcadia, CA

The address is Live Oak Ave, but the parking lot entrance is from
Welland. Once you enter the parking lot, 58 is the building to the left.
There are people practicing Tai-Chi in the parking lot.