[SGVHAK] BE Maker Campaign: KIT plus FREE lessons on electronics

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Fri Oct 25 11:48:23 PDT 2013

Harold Timmis of Borderless Electroncs from the $9 Arduino compatible
Indiegogo campaign is back with a new campaign that just launched a
couple hours of go. This time he is offering low cost beginnings
electronics kits, an experimentation shield, a book his Arduino clone
and he will be recording video lessons.

The kit itself has 600 components and is priced at $29. The shield
itself is $15. But there are various combinations of perks and if you
contributed to his last campaign you get the shield for free.

The main reason for his campaign is so he can fund making the video
lessons. He will make them free to everyone 6 months after the end of
the campaign in September 2014. But before that contributors get access.
He is using video instruction to try and improve electronics instruction
that might be hard to show with only a book. Also he will get captions
for as many languages as possible.

Go check out the campaign, its worth a look:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/be-maker-kit-plus-free-lessons-on-electronics-from-zero-to-internet-of-things/x/4310557

This campaign has only been live for a few hours but he is already
$27,000 of his $88,000 goal. From the last campaign I received my BE
boards pretty early and I have been using them recently.