[SGVHAK] Linux Video Security

Roman romankam at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 13 20:18:03 PDT 2013

>>In a posting purporting to be from "Roman " <romankam at adelphia.net> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

>> I'm looking at setting up an old laptop to run as a DVR for 2 cameras
>> running at 5 frames/sec each or so and to trigger into 30 fps upon
>> movement detection.  I'm looking for a recommendation and a pointer in
>> the right direction.
>
>Thanks for asking.  I'm interested too, but I don't have time to think
about it right now.

>What kind of cameras are you using?  What do you have to pay for them?
>How will they be interfaced to the computer?  Do they actually run at the
reduced rate, or will you sub-sample down from 30 fps?

>I'm looking at a similar setup but with an old desktop rather than a laptop
and using more cameras.  Harbor Freight often has surveillance cameras for
~$25.  >They have analog output, so I'm thinking of building a multi-camera
digitizer as a HAK project.
>--
>OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
> John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13

I'll check zoneminder.  I'm thinking of running wireless cameras.  There are
many at Fry's and also at B&H Photo but have not decided which one to buy.