[SGVHAK] Linux Video Security

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Wed Mar 13 19:30:18 PDT 2013

In a posting purporting to be from "Roman " <romankam at adelphia.net> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> I'm looking at setting up an old laptop to run as a DVR for 2 cameras
> running at 5 frames/sec each or so and to trigger into 30 fps upon
> movement detection.  I'm looking for a recommendation and a pointer in
> the right direction.

Thanks for asking.  I'm interested too, but I don't have time to think
about it right now.

What kind of cameras are you using?  What do you have to pay for them?
How will they be interfaced to the computer?  Do they actually run at
the reduced rate, or will you sub-sample down from 30 fps?

I'm looking at a similar setup but with an old desktop rather than a
laptop and using more cameras.  Harbor Freight often has surveillance
cameras for ~$25.  They have analog output, so I'm thinking of building
a multi-camera digitizer as a HAK project.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13