[SGVHAK] Flying Bike

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 08:59:58 PDT 2013

Reminds me of Larry Niven's Flycycle from his Ringworld novel but I always thought the layout of the spheres fore and aft would block the pilots view of what's in front and below.  I'd put the main lift fans side by side. And the smaller balance fans front and back. Or heck four equal fans at 45.

As for adding another control input the Segway came up with an interesting use of leaning that takes some practice. Otherwise you have two feet that could be used but if its all fly-by-wire I'd get rid of the handle bar that constrains your input to a single axis and use a set of joysticks configured for controlling a quad copter. Let the control system maintain balance and you just aim it.