[SGVHAK] Flying Bike

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Thu Jun 13 07:25:08 PDT 2013

I think the most impressive part of this bike is that batteries exist that are lightweight enough to get this thing airborne, even if for only 6 minutes. I was immediately looking for a wire tether in the Czech only video. Although I bet this thing would be loud enough to need ear protection with extended use. It also seems they haven't figured out a good way for a driver to control it from the bike itself and hence why it is remote control only now. A bike steering wheel is by design a two dimensional input device where on motorcycles one hand controls the break and the other the throttle and gearing. Not sure where to fit the third dimension into such controls.