[SGVHAK] February meeting reminder (Feb 7, 2013)

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:40:10 PST 2013

Reminder that we have a HAK meeting next week, Thursday, February 7, 2013.  Website will be updated in next 48 hours.  I'm too braindead to deal with Octopress tonight.

The TuxLab Raspberry Pi cases are finally available, but I think John had to fix his webstore code so we can order it for pickup at the HAK meeting.  When that's done, I'll make sure there is a link on the website.

What: SGVHAK (http://www.sgvhak.org)

When: Thursday, 02/07/2013 6:45 - 8:45 PM
Where: Hastings Branch Library (3325 East Orange Grove Boulevard  Pasadena, CA 91107)

Come find us at the meeting room near the circulation desk.

These are hands-on working meetings.  There are tables, free wifi, and a group of knowledgeable people.  So come, bring your projects,
show off your new toys, and just connect with your fellow hardware
geeks.  There is even a projector if you want to do a mini-presentation.

This month, there is some video to show off and topics to discuss, but only the interested parties need to tune in.
* Video of the machining of the Raspberry Pi case (taken during Tux Labs tour.  Also captures the conversation I had with Scoops.  Whoops.)
* Hackerspace wishlist
* Deezmaker meetup
* SGVHAK t-shirts for members and promotional items as giveaways
* SGVHAK BoF at the Southern California Linux Expo (http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x)

***  Remember to bring extension cords and power strips.  Multimeters and tools are nice. ***

Disclaimer: “This program is not sponsored by the Pasadena Public Library.”