[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVHAK meeting this Saturday 8/24

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Thu Aug 22 11:55:07 PDT 2013

I agree with Scoops.  WD-40 is NOT a lubricant.  The WD stands for Water
Displacement.  It is supposed to be an aid for dealing with rusty bolts and
screws.  3-in-1 or some other thin oil or silicon base lubricant would be
much better.

As for more books for people interested in getting into Electronics.  I
have been mention an author/engineer named Forest M. Mims III.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Mims

Here is a location for a bunch of PDFs of his books:
http://bookos.org/g/Forrest%20M%20Mims

I suggest starting with Getting Started in Electronics.

Mic