[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVHAK meeting this Saturday 8/24

Scoops Adamczyk scoops at caltech.edu
Thu Aug 22 11:55:00 PDT 2013

WD-40 is mixture of oil and other solvents. The solvent part can eat up some plastics. And after the solvents dry you don't have much oil left. 3-in-1 is mostly a light oil.
But either of these petroleum-based lubes can hurt petroleum based plastic, so silicone oil is better for that.
Fuser oil is a silicone oil. Some copiers use that so it may be easier to find it by that name, and I see you can get it at Office Depot for instance. Yeow! I see they want $30 a bottle! I happened to have a dispenser of it that was left in our copy room from some old copy machine. I'm not sure how the copy machine uses oil, though.

.  Scoops