[SGVHAK] Raspberry Pi at CodeCamp

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sat Oct 13 18:12:16 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The Endeavour shuttle move ran late, so I abandoned the viewing area and went to the Raspberry Pi talk given by Wolf and Tom Paulus at Code Camp.  Tom is Wolf's teenaged son.   I thought it was a really great talk that unfortunately ran over time.

They had some great demos as well, from the elementary--making a bootable SD card, running a headless server--to more interesting things like streaming video from a webcam over the network, and using the SPI to get data from a light sensor.  Fun with breadboards.  There was also a segment on connecting serially through the GPIO pins for debugging purposes.

 I hope he will post the slides on his website because there was a lot of good information and details about the Pi. In the meantime, he has a number of blog posts going into some detail about the above projects.

http://wolfpaulus.com/tag/raspberrypi

Lan