[SGVHAK] Pi stability issues

Jess Bermudes jbermudes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:53:58 PST 2012

I quickly moved on to a 1A AC adaptor because even with just a keyboard and
HDMI-DVI converter + ethernet I was crashing sometimes. The extra power
seemed to have fixed that.

Is your pi overclocked? My pi (one of the earlier batches) doesn't like me
overclocking and will crash randomly with it overclocked.

Have you updated the firmware lately? There's been a few updates over the
past year that address stability I believe, so trying those out might help.

Also check your SD card. What class is it? Have people reported issues with
that brand? I ask that because 2 things could happen: If your pi crashes
often you could screw up the SD card and have to reformat it or get a new
one, and perhaps bad SD cards can be a source of crashes.

Those are the first things I would check. If you're still having issues,
you might just want to RMA it.