[SGVHAK] Raspberry Pi Serial Console

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Dec 15 21:00:28 PST 2012

Hi guys,

I've got an Arch installation on an SD Card for my Raspberry Pi which
stopped booting after an upgrade (I have another SD Card installation which
works, so it isn't hardware).  Unfortunately it gives me nothing but a
blank screen on either composite or HDMI video out.  So I have no
indication of what might be wrong.

I know there is a logic level UART on the breakout header, and that the
kernel is being passed a console= argument to output to it.  I have a logic
level RS-232 to USB adaptor.

Will the serial console provide me with more information, or am I just
wasting my time and should reinstall the SD card?

Thanks,
Braddock