[SGVHAK] SGVLUG Meeting: Joint Meetup with Write the Docs LA - Thu 9/10

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Wed Sep 9 23:29:48 PDT 2020

We have an SGVLUG meeting tomorrow/Thursday at 7pm.  Again, it's a joint meetup with Write the Docs LA.  These meetups tend to be discussion-based.  Someone presents an idea and gets a lot of feedback.  We will also be talking about events in October that we might try to participate in as a group.

SGVLUG Meetup page
 https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlybcmbnb/

Google Meet link:  https://meet.google.com/ewj-gdkf-xfw
It will be adhoc discussions about various topics like:* Spencer Sullivan will share his JPL internship experience and solicit more ideas on re-organizing documentation for a team wiki

* Lan Dang is looking for tips and tricks to help her turn the JPL COVID-19 response Pulse project -- a wearables pendant that warns you when you're going to touch your face -- into a fun outreach activity for a local Girls Who Code club:

https://medeng.jpl.nasa.gov/covid-19/pulse/
https://github.com/nasa-jpl/Pulse

Other possible topics for this month:
* mental health & work-life balance
* documentation for open-source software
* WTD Portland conference presentations: TBD
(https://www.writethedocs.org/conf/portland/2020/speakers/)

Tentative agenda:

6:45 - Introductions, chat

7:05 - Announcements. More chat.

7:20 - Discussion starts

I have some new and distracting responsibilities at work,  so I would very much appreciate assistance with the monthly meetups.

Lan