[SGVHAK] Model Railroad Open House in San Gabriel this weekend and next

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Sat Nov 2 22:04:20 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Dave is a member of the Highland Park Society of Model Railroad Engineers,
which is actually located in a house off San Gabriel Blvd in the city of San Gabriel.
They are hosting their annual open house this weekend, next Wednesday night,and next weekend.
https://highlandpacificrr.com/
I'd forgotten how cool it was.   It's an enormous set with 3500 feet of track and lotsof detail in the buildings and all the train cars.  Not being into model railroad, it washelpful to have Dave answer noob questions.   (There isn't a particularly good answerfor why we occasionally see dinosaurs in the wilderness...except they just showed up.)

Dave gave me a tour with a look behind the scenes at the wiring underneath the set,
the area behind the set, the control panel, and his workstation.
If you have a chance, check it out.  It's just off San Gabriel Blvd and Broadway in San Gabriel.

Sat., Nov 2, 2019 • Noon to 5 p.m.
Sat., Nov 2, 2019 • 7 to 10 p.m. – NIGHT OPS!
Sun, Nov 3, 2019 • Noon to 5 p.m.
Wed., Nov 6, 2019 • 7–10 p.m.
Sat., Nov 9, 2019 • Noon to 5 p.m.
Sun, Nov 10, 2019 • Noon to 5 p.m.