[SGVHAK] Caltech Science for March on 3/16

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Thu Feb 21 21:52:18 PST 2019

Hi all,
The Caltech Postdoc Association is organizing their now-annual Caltech Science for March on Saturday, March 16th.
It's a morning event from around 10am to 1pm, but there will also be lunch and a mixer for the volunteers and speakers.
http://scienceformarch.sites.caltech.edu/
It's a great STEM event for family, particularly since they target K-12.  So save the date and bring your family.
If you're a Caltech/JPL affiliate, consider signing up for a TED-style talk or a booth.  The booths are also open to STEM groups in the greater Los Angeles community.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHfm8zAFwMFmTH5YKMW6ci1WoXP2o6TaPnp6oEGbOPKsVRNg/viewform

SGVHAK participated last year with a hard drive disassembly activity and the SGVHAK rover.
This year, I want do a super booth for rover builders like we had at the DTLA Mini Maker Faire.  Roger and I have a cool talk planned for SCALE where we talk about how SGVHAK got involved in rover building and where the team wants to go with it in the future.  This event would be a great follow-up since we would have more time for interaction and can bring more stuff.   Santa Susana HS will probably also exhibit.
Let me know if you want to show off anything else.  I will probably sign up for a booth early next week.
Lan