[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVTech Open House this Thursday 10/25, 7-9pm

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Tue Oct 23 23:26:38 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Reminder that we are participating in Connect Week this year with
the SGVTech Open House this Thursday at 7pm.

The format is brief intro of the groups, but it's mostly about giving
people the opportunity to talk to us.

Reasons to show up:
================
As a reminder, the SCALE Call for Papers ends Oct 31st.
Since many of us have given talks at SCALE before, we
can give advice on what to expect.

SCALE AV will have one of our custom computers on
hand to demonstrate our software and hardware to potential
volunteers.  We have several software and hardware projects
we need to work on before SCALE.

The SGVHAK rover team recently upgraded the wheels
on the rover so we can demonstrate that at the Open House.

And I have a huge box of SCALE t-shirts that I'm happy
to give away.  I think I have the blue and the red shirts, which
are probably the 14x and 15x shirts.

Directions
========
I've posted directions to the venue and a couple of maps on
Meetup.  Please park in the structure on Del Mar and Hudston.
We will be able to validate.  Best way to come in seems to
be via Del Mar.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/255544051

Thanks to Innovate Pasadena and Matti for finding us food
and venue sponsor and Joel for handling the food logistics.

Lan