[SGVHAK] batteries for student mars rover

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Thu Apr 26 16:17:31 PDT 2018

We had been expecting them to announce it in April, but it makes sense why they'd delay it.
As mentioned back in January, SGVHAK is one of the beta groups testing the build instructions.
We are one of maybe 5 or 6 groups.  I think we all did a good job of giving them feedback on
documentation, design choices, and ideas.

I have pinged them asking if they would be available to speak at SGVLUG in May.  It will
be a normal low-key meeting at Du-Par's.  Just a chance for us to have dinner and learn
about what the other groups were doing and where they plan on going from here.
I'll let you know what they say.
Great articles, Roger. I'm learning a lot about the design decisions and the hardware.

Lan

    On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 3:28:21 PM PDT, yoshio via HAK <hak at sgvhak.net> wrote:

 On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 03:11:15PM -0700, Roger Cheng via HAK wrote:
> The latest estimate for JPL to launch their open source rover project is
> the second week of May, after their publicity campaign around Mars InSight
> mission.
> >
> > Where is the link for the baseline on which the sgvhak mars rover is
> > based on?

Looking through the posts at
https://newscrewdriver.com/category/projects/sgvhak-rover/
the articles keep mentioning that the sgvhak rover was based on the JPL
baseline, so I assumed that the baseline had been publically posted,
which is what I'm looking for.