[SGVHAK] SGVHAK @ DTLA Mini Maker Faire

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Tue Oct 24 20:11:51 PDT 2017

Hi all,
The deadline has been extended to Oct 28th for the DTLA Mini Maker Faire Call for Makers.
The DTLA Mini Maker Faire, which will be hosted at the Central Library in Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday, Dec 2nd, from 10am to 4pm.
Here is a list of the topics they're interested in, which veer more towards the science and educational side.https://dtla.makerfaire.com/2017/09/17/call-for-makers/
I'm planning on getting SGVHAK a booth at the Mini Maker Faire so y'all can come and do brief show and tells or maybe little interactive sessions.   I'm going to be meeting tomorrow with the organizer of the faire to talk  about this.
Scoops and Michael Starch are interested in participating as Repair Cafe tinkers, since there is an interest in "How to Fix Things or Take Them Apart"   I have a broken pico projector and camcorder that could use some attention ;)
We can also do the old "take apart hard drives" activity.
I can also do a basic Arduino blink the light demo.
Would anyone else like to join us for show and tell or some kind of interactive demo?  They are as open to arts and crafts as they are to electronics.
Lan