[SGVHAK] Callf or participation in Connect Pasadena Oct 13-22

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Wed Oct 4 15:07:08 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I got an email from a Beth Kucher from Innovate Pasadena about either producing or promoting a local event during the week of Oct 13-22nd.
I'd been thinking it would be really nice if we could do something, but I don't have the bandwidth or passion to organize or run an event on my own.

If y'all are interested, then I would definitely be willing to help you with logistics and supplies, and Innovate Pasadena can probably hook us up with a venue.  Or we can see if Du-Par's is available.

Possible ideas:
   * Linux Installfest/clinic for Linux newbies
   * SGVHAK show and tell  -- maybe with projects made at the Oct 19th SGVHAK at Tux-Lab

   * Educational show and tell -- maybe like a booth fair
            * How to get started with Arduino            * Basic soldering
            * Getting started with 3D printing            * How to code            * basics of electronics repair, i.e. how to take things apart and troubleshoot with a multimeter?            * Anatomy of a hard drive            * Getting started with quadrotors

Lan