[SGVHAK] SGVLUG/SGVHAK fundraising on Thursday 3/9

Lan Dang via HAK hak at sgvhak.net
Wed Mar 8 23:28:48 PST 2017

Hi all,
tl;dr Running this group costs money.  Please contribute to our fundraising at SGVLUG meeting on Thursday.  We have cool stuff leftover from our SCaLE booth.

WHY WE NEED MONEY==================
As I have mentioned before, it costs about $300/year to pay for SGVLUG/SGVHAK/SGVTech expenses.  Numbers available at the end of this email.

We raised $91 at our SCaLE booth, so we have a ways to go

RAISING MONEY ON THURSDAY==========================We have a SGVLUG meeting this Thursday at 7pm at OpenX (888 E Walnut Street, Pasadena, CA), so I would like to continue the fundraising there. If you value our functional anarchy (and my sanity), please bring cash with you and participate in our raffle.  You can also just donate.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/234637699/
RAFFLE---------
Everyone will get a raffle ticket for attending the meeting.  If you want to increase your chances of winning the raffle, you can buy more tickets for $1 apiece.  We will have 3 bins for you to put the raffle ticket into, depending on what prize you want.
We will be raffling off
 * SGVLUG/SGVHAK-ware (t-shirt or cup) * No Starch books/ebook vouchers (might have multiple winners) * Starch himself**
** NOTE: I'm a little unclear about what you get as a raffle prize, but I promised that Steven and I would pool our resources and contribute $1 for each raffle ticket in Starch's bin.
DONATION + REWARDS
-----------------------------
If you'd rather go the donation route, we have plenty of rewards, thanks to the generosity of Tux-Lab.  Plus, we have some nice O'Reilly books we picked up during booth teardown at SCaLE 14x.
   - Tux-Lab Tux acrylic keychains for minimum of $1 donation   - O'Reilly books for minimum of $2 donation
   - Tux-Lab Tux and GNU acrylic phone stands for minimum of $10 donation   - Tux-lab aluminum cases with colored acrylic covers for Arduino Uno or Raspberry Pi for minimum of $20 donation.

WHERE THE MONEY GOES======================
We give James the money and he pays the bills and accounts for it in a Google doc.   Before SCaLE, we were down to $44.92 in the kitty.   Most of the money going into the kitty over the past 3 years have come from individual donations, the tip jar at Tux-Lab, and a rather large donation by Tux-Lab.

Here is the breakdown for 2016.

| 1/5/2016 | sgvtech.io | NameCheap | 18643966 | 32.88 | 1 year |
| 1/30/2016 | Meetup Group | Meetup.com |
 | $89.94 | 6 months |
| 3/15/2016 | sgvlug.org,sgvlug.net | NameCheap | 19681687 | $25.54 | 1 year |
| 4/8/2016 | Mailing List VPS | BuyVM | 168563 | $15.00 | 1 year |
| 8/14/2016 | Meetup Group | Meetup.com |
 | $89.94 | 6 months |
| 8/28/16 | sgvhak.org,net,com | NameCheap |
 | $45.05 | 1 year |

The total was: $298.35

Lan