[SGVHAK] DIY Alexa-enabled speaker + new Mars skill

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:34:57 PST 2017

Hi all,
There was news not too long ago that JPL had built an Alexa skill to enable people to get more detailed, real-time information about Mars.  Here it is.

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-Propulsion-Laboratory-NASA-Mars/dp/B01LYTB0MS
I have no desire to bring an Amazon Echo into my house, but I might be interested in building an Alexa-enabled speaker using a Raspberry Pi.  It would be fun to learn more about Alexa skills.  All I need is a usb microphone, which I just ordered from Amazon for under $5.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/25/11307066/amazon-alexa-echo-speaker-diy-guide-raspberry-pi

Lan