[SGVHAK] Please RSVP for 10/13 SGVLUG meeting "3D Printing, What is it good for anyway?"

juanslayton at charter.net juanslayton at charter.net
Fri Oct 7 08:32:05 PDT 2016

	-----------------------------------------From: "Lan Dang via HAK"
To: "SGVLUG Discussion List."
Cc: "Hardware Hacking Special Interest Group"
Sent: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 04:12:06 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: [SGVHAK] Please RSVP for 10/13 SGVLUG meeting "3D Printing,
What is it good for anyway?"

 Hi all,

 Much thanks goes to Homan and Sellbrite for hooking us up with this
month's venue.

 The next SGVLUG monthly meeting will be at Idealab (Old Town
Pasadena) this Thursday, October 13th, from 7-9pm. Our host at Idealab
is the 3D printing company New Matter. We're going out to dinner
afterwards at Du-Par's.

 Sorry, you'll have to find your own parking in Old Town.

 Please RSVP on Meetup or with me, so I can keep us from exceeding the
fire code for the space. Feel free to pass the word. We're encouraging
people to bring their 3D printed objects for show and tell.

 Topic:

 Dave Flynn will share his extensive experience with 3D printing from
the past 4 years, as well as his motivations for designing and
building his own 3D printer. Specifically, his experience is with the
RepRap style of 3D printers.

 The presentation will be short as Dave much prefers answering
questions.

 We welcome the 3D printing community--whether they are experts or
neophytes--to share the things they've printed and spark a
conversation about what we can do with 3D printing, how to get
started, and how 3D printing can be used for art, home, hobby, and
work.

 Please email me if you're bringing something for show and tell, so I
can make sure there are tables.
 You're also welcome to do a lightning talk.

 Lan