[SGVHAK] recommendations for bench power supply

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Sat Mar 12 14:31:02 PST 2016

You may consider converting an ATX power supply if all you need is 5, 12 and possibly 3.3v depending on the power supply. It's a great way to reuse parts from old power supplies.

You can use this board to make the project brain dead simple to build:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/06/28/new-prototype-atx-breakout-board/

That board is out of stock but is open hardware so you'd just need to get the board from a fab shop and parts.