[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVHAK meeting this Thursday at Tux-Lab

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:41:14 PST 2016

Hi all,

Reminder that there is an SGVHAK meeting this Thursday at Tux-Lab (58 West Live Oak, Arcadia, CA).  It starts at 6:30pm.  Entrance is via parking lot on Welland.  There are usually people practicing Tai Chi in the parking lot.  If you get lost, tell them you're there to see John.

Please RSVP on Meetup or drop a line here.

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/228069062/

I'm bringing my new Spyderco sharpening kit and will be attempting to sharpen some of my kitchen knives.

John B. will be showing off his RC airplane and we'll figure out whether we can use the laser cutter to cut the foamboard; the build plans come from flitetest.com.

Scoops and I will be talking about how we might volunteer at Hamilton Elementary in Pasadena for their SMArT (Science, Math, Art, Technology) Night on Friday, March 4th; this request came via Facebook and was aimed at the Repair Cafe tinkers.

http://hamilton.pusd.us/pages/PasadenaUSD_HamiltonES/News/save_the_date_smart_night

There is also a group called Kids Building Things that I'm personally interested in volunteering with.  I can share some of the activities they are planning where they need volunteers.

Lan