[SGVHAK] Apropros WSJ article for our group & Repair Cafe

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:42:58 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

If you're on social media, you should follow @sgvlug on Twitter (https://twitter.com/sgvlug)  or San Gabriel Valley Linux User Group on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/111221024339538215725/posts)

James has been posting some great article links.

Here is this great  Wall Street Journal article about our right to repair our own stuff and fight planned obsolescence.
I was pleasantly surprised to see a reference to a Repair Cafe in Palo Alto, California.

 http://www.wsj.com/articles/we-need-the-right-to-repair-our-gadgets-1441737868

Along those lines,the next Pasadena Repair Cafe will be October 10th, which unfortunately conflicts with the JPL Open House (Oct 10-11).

It'll be at The Shed in Pasadena.  I think there will be bike repairs, as well as the usual types of repair.  And if you hang around till 2pm, they're going to have someone talk about landscape repair.
http://www.meetup.com/Repair-Cafe-Pasadena/events/225232238/

Lan