[SGVHAK] Reminder: SGVLUG 20th anniversary party Nov 14th (Please RSVP)

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:51:18 PST 2015

Hi all,

The San Gabriel Valley Linux User Group celebrates our 20th anniversary this year.  The SGVLUG 20th Anniversary Party will be Saturday, November 14th, from 4pm to 10pm at OpenX in Pasadena.

Please RSVP on EventBrite if you can make it.  We've set an initial limit of 60 people for RSVPs, and we're already at 33 RSVPs.  I believe our maximum cap is 100.

The party is completely free and open to the Southern California Linux and open source community, but we really want to encourage representation from our LUG.  Due to hardware failures and changes in active members, we only have a record back to around 2005.  Please promote the party to former members and past speakers.  If you're on social media, use #sgvlug20th. I hope that even if people can't make it, they will share their memories of LUG.

It'll be a fun party.  OpenX is sponsoring the food and drink (including beer and wine), and we’ll have raffles, a community showcase, and Linux Jeopardy.  Red Hat and OpenSuse and Ubuntu evangelists will be there with their swag.  James is going to bring his Alienware Alpha box running Steam OS.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sgvlug-20th-anniversary-party-tickets-18956875525

http://www.sgvlug.org/2015/11/14/twentieth-anniversary/

Lan

PS Our last planning meeting will probably be next Thursday, and we'll put out a call for volunteers and a schedule of events next week.