[SGVHAK] Sidewalk EME (Earth-Moon-Earth) talk on July 28

Stan Slonkosky stan.ke6zc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 00:07:39 PDT 2015

Doug is a good speaker. I have been to his house several times when he and
several others were doing EME at his house. He had a dish that had to be
re-positioned manually in his driveway and sometimes had to wait until the
moon cleared a palm tree. This was on 1296 MHz. He never got on other bands
when I was there, but I know he has a yagi array for 432 MHz. The contacts
were via CW (Morse code) or JT-65. I didn't get in on it, but in the past
he and others were able to do EME from a 40 meter dish at the Owens Valley
Radio Observatory south of Bishop. Using that big of a dish enabled them to
make SSB (voice) contacts.

--
Stan Slonkosky