[SGVHAK] SGVLUG/SGVHAK booth at SCALE

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:17:26 PST 2015

Hi all,
As you might know, SGVLUG and SGVHAK will have a booth at SCALE this year.  Thanks to Steven Doran for setting this up.
The exhibit hall is open starting on Friday at 2pm.
Help represent SGVLUG/SGVHAK.  Bring a project for display.  Hang out at the booth for half an hour or half the day and tell people who we are and what we do.  Make flyers or cards to help promote the group and our activities.  Come up with images or slides that we can loop in a display.

We are planning on selling some HAK/LUG branded goods, thanks to Tux-Lab.  We will have t-shirts and mugs with the SGVLUG/SGVHAK logos.   We may have other items.  If you've ever wanted one, now is a good time to get it.  The money goes to help with club expenses, which includes the VPS that hosts the mailing list, our domain names, and the Meetup fees.  Whether or not you like Meetup, it has really helped our functional anarchy remain an active and thriving group with ties to a wider community.

One thing I am hoping we can do is to reconnect with past members.  The LUG 20th anniversary is in November, and it would be nice to do something special.  I'd like to have a box and comment cards, so people can give us their contact info and a memory of LUG to add to our website.  (Or maybe I am being too analog about this and we should just set up a website for people to fill in a form.)
Lan