[SGVHAK] Loscon during Thanksgiving weekend

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:44:36 PST 2014

Hi all

LosCon is an annual sci-fi convention put on by the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society.   The last few years,  they have done maker  exhibits and workshops for things like Arduino and electronics.

They finally posted the con schedule and I am happy to see a lot of arduino/soldering workshops and even one involving conductive thread.  It is happening all weekend and with so many workshops,  there will be many opportunities to do the workshop without worrying about demand exceeding workshop capacity.

http://loscon.org/41/

It's fun if you like sci-fi,  music or even tabletop gaming.  There will be a bunch of game demos and I believe the tabletop game room is open all weekend.  There seem to be a lot of filk concerts and some live audio dramas.   And the ice cream social usually involves liquid nitrogen.

Lan