[SGVHAK] Xmos startKIT multi-core dev kit

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 10:34:08 PST 2014

Looks nice.

Is there an OS port for it or is this just an embedded controller board?

I have worked professionally with the BeagleBoard ($99 including linux or
android OS) in the past with good results.
http://www.beagleboard.org/brief

Here is the BeagleBone for $45
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?lang=en&site=us&keywords=BB-BBLK-000-ND&WT.z_slp_buy=TI_BeagleBoard

I am interested in finding a light board like this that can support a
real-time OS for automation control.  With a standard OS you have
multi-tasking and other interrupts that allow events to happen within a
short amount of time of when they are scheduled.  When controlling a servo
motor you can't tolerate that level of inaccuracy so you either have to
have an outboard controller or run an OS that can guarantee your timing.

Does anyone have experience with a product they can recommend?

Matt

---------
*Matthew Campbell*
Storage Solution Consultant