[SGVHAK] Upcoming meetings (cancellations, Repair Cafe, SCALE, etc)

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:27:19 PST 2014

While we didn't have our usual HAK meeting, we did have a neat gathering at John's place, where we ate Sam's club pizza around a folding table and had some good conversation.

John wants a new design for t-shirts for SCALE.  We can also consider making up business cards to hand out at our Birds of a Feather session.

We played with James' new toy, an RC helicopter that is a lot of fun to fly in a warehouse.

I got to do some surface mount soldering using a hot plate.  It just involved depositing some solder on the PCB using a syringe, and then carefully placing LEDs, using tweezers.  Then bake on top of hot plate until the solder turns silver.  The board and the LEDs are part of John's project to build his own LED desk lamp.

We looked at John's Ki-Cad drawings, which he sends out to a company to print the circuit boards.

Dave suggested some improvements to the 3D printer John is building, and it looks like it will become a HAK project.  In fact, the next HAK meeting will be at John's workshop, so we can make progress putting together the first iteration of the 3D printer.

Here are some photos from last night:
http://bit.ly/1g6CSGZ

Lan