[SGVHAK] Opportunity to Help Train People in a Intro to Arduino Course (and get paid)

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Mon Feb 24 10:07:11 PST 2014

Received this through Meetup:

TL;DR: I wondered whether you knew 1 or 2 Arduino
enthusiasts/hackers/developers in Los Angeles (Wilshire Blvd), paid to
assist two trainers in an introduction to Arduino course on March 12th?

Hi, I run the technology R&D unit for a media agency called Maxus. We
have an office in LA, and I'm presenting a 1-day workshop on creative
uses of technology, maker culture etc to our staff.

What do you need to do?
Simply help a table of attendees if they get stuck running through
practical, basic Arduino exercises. The second half of the workshop
includes a very quick, fundamental introduction to Arduino & IoT. Later,
advise on potential solutions to imaginary prototypes they invent to
solve marketing problems (1-2 hours exercise).

What do you need to prepare?
Nothing, really. We have already produced the course materials & have
Arduino sketches that work with supplied kits. We just need some people
who are familiar with Arduino to assist in the practical exercises.