[SGVHAK] Feb 6 Meeting Recap

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Feb 7 00:30:47 PST 2014

You might not have noticed, but we cancelled the Feb 20th and Feb 22nd SGVHAK meetings because several of the regulars are volunteering at SCALE and will not be around.  Instead, we are planning a Birds of a Feather session on the evening of Feb 22nd.  Those of you attending SCALE are welcome to join us.

There was a low turnout to this week's HAK meeting, probably due to rain.  There were 4 of us at Tux Lab.  John's 3D printer friends joined us for a brief while, but we were too immersed in the SCALE A/V radio charger project to think about 3D printers.  We had some good conversation while we were working.

We made good progress with the project.  Basically, we were trying to find a way to charge 60 two-way radios using one power supply.  We built 3 power circuits and had to solder a lot of wires to it.  We verified the wiring job using a continuity tester.   We are at 75% complete with the soldering.  We also laid out the charging bases on a 2x2-foot board to convince ourselves that we could fit 20 bases and a power board on it.

John will make the trays and we'll finish assembling them at my house on Saturday evening.

You can see photos of our work on the Meetup page.
http://meetu.ps/27TYF0

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/photos/19967252/

Lan