[SGVHAK] Reminders: Thu meeting, Repair Cafe, and BBQ

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:29:47 PDT 2014

Hi all,

We had a really great meeting last Saturday.  We had a lot of new people, some new folks from the SGVTech Meetup, and some that James brought over from the Pasadena Arduino Meetup, that now meets on Saturday mornings.  Lot of great conversations and side bars.  James brought his Arduino-controlled RC car.  John shared some photos from NullSpaceLabs.  (They found a place near Cal State Los Angeles and had started the move that weekend.)

James posted a couple of photos from the meeting.
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/photos/21518422/

We have a meeting this Thursday evening at Dave's workshop (11711 Clark St, Ste 108, Arcadia, CA) from 6:30pm to 9pm.
We're working on the air hockey table project.  Dave has a cool motion control system set up.  Steven has been waiting on parts for the scoreboard.  James has invested in a better camera, so the vision system is looking pretty good.  You're welcome to join in the effort or work on your own projects.  If Scoops can make it, I'd like to hear more about his solar setup and what to expect at Saturday's Repair Cafe.
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/178327182/

The Pasadena Earth and Arts Festival is this Saturday, May 3rd, at the Armory Center and Memorial Park in Pasadena.   Repair Cafe will have a presence.  Come for the festival and visit Repair Cafe.  It is happening off the grid, so any electrical power would be supplied by a solar power rig that Scoops has built.   If you want to help repair something or want some support in fixing something yourself, please sign up for the Meetup or fill out the spreadsheet I have linked there.  This Repair Cafe is all-day, so they need to make sure the tables are manned throughout the day.
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/177218142/

And as a reminder to save the date:  The SGVLUG/SGVHAK BBQ will be at my house in San Gabriel on Saturday, May 17th.  It will probably run from 11am to 6pm.  I'll be sending out more info and pleas for help next week :)

Lan