[SGVHAK] SGVHAK Meeting Tonight (4/17)!

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Thu Apr 17 09:58:43 PDT 2014

There will be a SGVHAK meeting tonight, Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:30 PM
to 9:00 PM.

Join us at Tux Lab: 58 West Live Oak, Arcadia, CA

The address is Live Oak Ave, but the parking lot entrance is from
Welland. Once you enter the parking lot, 58 is the building to the left.
There are people practicing Tai-Chi in the parking lot.

Please RSVP on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/175915212/

We will be working on SGVLUG/HAK's air hockey robot project based on an
existing design.

This project involves using OpenCV for puck tracking and path
prediction. 3D printing  of multi-axis mechanical fastener designed with
OpenSCAD.  CNC routing of the main air box frame,  layout with LibreCAD.
 In addition to a variety of diy electronics from stepper motor drives
design with KiCAD to goal sensor and score boards.

This is a part of SGVLUG/HAK's air hockey robot project series.

If you are interested in learning more about the various open source
software and equipment we use, or meeting members of the friendly
SGVLUG/HAK members, please feel free to attend.