[SGVHAK] HAK Meeting on Thursday (4/3/14)

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Tue Apr 1 19:03:05 PDT 2014

This Thursday, April 3, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM we will have a HAK
meeting at:

Dave's Workshop
11711 Clark Street
Suite 108
Arcadia, CA (edit map)

This is one of many meetings where we will work on our robotic air
hockey table group project.

See previous meetup for links:
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/166331772/

We have scoped out the project and various people have taken the lead
with components such as building the air hockey table, the motion
control system (robot), the vision system, and the scoring mechanism.
We are building a scale model first.
We are now in the discovery phase, which is an exciting time.  As we get
into the details of building the components, we run into obstacles or
design questions that force us to reassess our design and our
assumptions.  One of the things we've discovered is that it is unlikely
we will be able to build a robot for the full-sized air hockey table
because acquiring the parts may require a larger financial investment
than we can afford.  Another assumption we've had to adjust is the
design of the air holes in the table--namely, how the size and
distribution of the holes relates to the size of our puck.