[SGVHAK] 09/05 (Thu) meeting recap

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Sat Sep 7 09:45:50 PDT 2013

RATS!!! I wish I was there to share in the fun and to be a taste tester.
Here a project suggestion for the folks taking apart the hard drives and
CD-ROMs.  From the parts collected, assemble a working crystal radio.  The
coiled wire from the electro-magnetic head-control unit should be ideal for
the an AM antenna coil.  There are a few creative ways to make an
adjustable antenna, as well as the variable capacitor (tuning knob).  Just
brainstorming here, I think the two components that would need to be bought
would be a signal diode and a crystal headphone.

Just an idea to toss around to the group.

Mic
Houston, TX