[SGVHAK] 3-D print a magnifying glass?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 20:09:32 PST 2013

Did i say concave?  Typo on my part.  i meant bulging so yes convex.  Wow,
I was rereading and I had typed concave again or perhaps it's the
auto-correct?

Joining lenses - tricky as you'll get refraction every time you change
material from lens to cement to lens again.  Unless it's well done, it
might affect the image.

Protesting business practices or just be done with it.  You could spend
hours searching for a comparable product.

5x?  I think i had a slide magnifier that looked similar, don't recall what
magnification.  Probably not as large as 2.5".  Not sure as I haven't used
in since a big slide scanning project several years back.  Don't recall if
I had gotten it at a computer swap meet or at a photography store.

Hey, what about B&H?  They have several to chose from:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Loupes-Magnifiers/ci/987/N/4077634476

I just did a google search on "slide magnifier"

Claude