[SGVHAK] URGENT: Scheduling future meetings for SGVHAK

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed May 29 11:03:18 PDT 2013

Hi all,

First of all, the next SGVHAK meeting will be Thursday, June 6th, 2013.

As you might know, I have to renew the reservation for the library meeting room today.
Unfortunately, someone got in their reservation before me and reserved the room for the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month between 6pm and 8pm.  In fact, most days are bad for our time slot.

Basically, for Hastings Branch library, our only option is the 2nd Tuesday of the month and the 3rd and 4th Saturdays of the month, with the exception of January, where the 3rd Saturday is taken.

Tuesday nights are actually pretty bad for me, so I would prefer not to do that.

The great thing about Saturdays is that we could take over the room for the entire day (10-6pm), if we wanted.  The bad thing is that it's a Saturday.  According to the rules, one or more of the people who put in the reservation have to be there during the entire meeting.   Also, I greatly suspect that the meeting may be preempted if the city or the library has an event they want scheduled for that particular Saturday.

Thoughts?

I want to get in the reservation by this evening.

Lan