[SGVHAK] how to avoid a failed 3d print session

Richard Scobey scobeyrt at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 27 16:10:27 PDT 2013

I forwarded your question to a co-worker of mine, who also has the Makerbot.
Apparently, he uses ABS, and not PLA, but he did have ant excellent tip...

"I use ABS. Not PLA. Calibration Is critical. The first layer has to be  well attached into the platform.  I avoid rafts and never get good results with support. The object has to be analyzed to determine if its printable on this type of printer. Flat bottom surfaces are obviously best. Sometimes I paint the platform with a solution of acetone and abs"

Rick

Sent from my iPad