[SGVHAK] SGVHAK meeting this Thursday 8/1

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:52:14 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Since I posted to the LUG asking about Linux distros, I might as well send out a reminder to this group as well.  Meeting tomorrow.  It will be fun.  We are building a computer that will ultimately be a headless postgresql server.  So far, I've heard recommendations for Ubuntu LTS server and Debian.  At the last meeting, there was also a vote for CentOS.

I assume we will go for a server edition with long term support, when possible.  I'll see what ISOs I can download.  I have some new 4GB usb thumbdrives we can use for booting assuming that is big enough.

Lan